• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Replacement pump for Deltec 1500i skimmer

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Replacement pump for Deltec 1500i skimmer

Postby Ulven » Tue 22 Jan, 2019 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

Can anyone give me some advice on sourcing a replacement pump for my Deltec 1500i skimmer (DCC3).

I've contacted Deltec directly with no reply and their website has broken links all over the shop.

I need to source something pretty quickly as I'm running on a backup skimmer which is undersized for the tank. Even an aftermarket pump suggestion would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance!
Ulven
Lurking Reefer

Re: Replacement pump for Deltec 1500i skimmer

Postby Ulven » Sat 26 Jan, 2019 10:41 pm

Hey all,

Just an update for anyone else who runs into the same problem I did. I took a punt and ordered a DC Jebao pump from ebay. The model I ordered was the Jebao DCP 3000 based on my Deltec DCC3 pumps rated wattage.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Deltec mounting bracket and the face cover for the Deltec skimmer pump fit onto the Jebao pump housing without any modifications required. I was even able to reuse the Deltec needle wheel impeller without modification. For $80 delivered in 2 days and right before the weekend it was well timed.

I'm not suggesting anyone go with non standard parts but in my situation with the radio silence I've gotten from Deltec it solved my problem.

Cheers.
Ulven
Lurking Reefer

Re: Replacement pump for Deltec 1500i skimmer

Postby uglyman » Sat 02 Feb, 2019 12:41 pm

Awesome that it worked out that well for you. :thumbsup:

Jebao pumps are being used on a lot of skimmers lately and are just rebranded/colour changed to look like that companies own product. :nod:

I just got a jebao skimmer pump from fish street that I fitted to an old Bubble magus NAC7 and it works great and comes complete with volute, hose, silencer and needle wheel, all for about $90.
Uglyman's 4ft LED lit mixed reef

If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.

Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
uglyman
Old Sea Dog Reefer
RTAW Moderator
MASOV Member Current

• Advertisement

Return to Equipment and DIY Discussion