• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Thanks … and tank removal advice please?

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Thanks … and tank removal advice please?

Postby BrettD » Wed 02 Jan, 2019 12:34 pm

I’ve been a long time reader, and would like to offer a heartfelt thanks for all the great info and discussion these boards have provided over the years.

Marine aquaria has been part of our lives for over 15 years… but for now at least we feel it’s time to let go. Our family needs the living room space the tank occupies, and our passion just isn’t there like it used to be:

Question:
I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to go about this … it’s a big tank (1000 litres) & it’s built in to the wall. I still have livestock, so I can’t just sell bits and pieces (ie the fish would die if someone just bought the rock and skimmer)
I couldn’t move it myself without breaking it … but that would seem like such a waste.

There is so much equipment (sump / fuge / pumps / powerheads / heaters / lights / rock / skimmer / ca reactor / etc)

Is it likely that someone could “take the lot” all at once?
How could I find them?
Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Brett
BrettD
Bicentenary Reefer

Re: Thanks … and tank removal advice please?

Postby uglyman » Fri 04 Jan, 2019 7:34 am

Maybe ask your LFS if they could sell your livestock with a percentage of sale for themselves thats if you have a friendly LFS that would do that.

Then part out the equipment and tank.

To be honest most people just want equipment or livestock or the tank not the whole lot in one purchase, there are exceptions but it's rare. If you want to make the most money back on your setup then parting it out is your best bet.

Probably not what you want to hear.

Cheers

Shane
Uglyman's 4ft LED lit mixed reef

If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.

Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
uglyman
Old Sea Dog Reefer
RTAW Moderator
MASOV Member Current

Postby BrettD » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 8:34 am

Thanks Shane,

You're right, that would get top dollar, but take time / effort, and probably leave me with some awkward bits no-one really wants.

I don't want to give it all up for *nothing*, but I'd be quite willing to take a fair hit from *top dollar* in exchange for the convenience.

Cheers,
Brett
BrettD
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby uglyman » Mon 07 Jan, 2019 1:27 am

Well Brett the best option for a full sale of the entire setup is the usual big three - Ebay, Gumtree and Facebook groups.

I wish you the best with the sale it sounds like a nice setup especially being 1000litres :-x

Cheers

Shane
Uglyman's 4ft LED lit mixed reef

If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.

Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
uglyman
Old Sea Dog Reefer
RTAW Moderator
MASOV Member Current

• Advertisement

Return to Equipment and DIY Discussion