• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

new to macroalgae and seahorses

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

new to macroalgae and seahorses

Postby Tkearins » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 12:43 am

Hi ppl
after a crash in my aquareef 300 (modified)I have decided to turn it into a species only tank namely seahorses and I wish to recreate their natural habitat I have pleantly of live rock and sand and the tank has been running for 3yrs and have cleaned out after the crash all parameters are normal again I want to try my hand at seahorses the issue there is little to no macro algae for sale in australia apart from cheato does anyone know any places to buy macro algae or have any interesting varieties or colors they wish to share or sell I have considered going to local rock pools and harvesting some but i would prefer not too as its illegal and im from syd so its all temprate algae and im unsure if it will survive Im not new to the hobby but am new to seahorses and macro algae I used to keep a reef tank with a large variety of corals but sadly they died when I was away on holidays so I have experience with difficult fish and coral and my lighting is nice and strong. could any experianced seahorse and macroalgae keepers advise and possibly sell some algae to me im more than happy to pay for both the product and postage if your not local
Thanks heaps
Tkearins
Hi, I am new around here!

Re: new to macroalgae and seahorses

Postby Tkearins » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 10:02 pm

anyone got experience in this area?
Tkearins
Hi, I am new around here!

Return to New to the Hobby