• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Mini reef 215 ????

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Mini reef 215 ????

Postby saltnewbie » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi everyone, hope you all had a safe and enjoyable Christmas. My wife and I have been looking at getting back into the hobby and like the reefer 250 but I stumbled across the aqua one mini reef 215 today. Does anyone hAve one? Do the have the typical aqua one noisy drain. I also haven’t seen an emergency drain in all the pictures i’ve Seen yet. Is this the case. Any other reviews, opinions on them would be much appreciated. Thanks.
saltnewbie
Lurking Reefer

Re: Mini reef 215 ????

Postby kiwi » Sat 19 Jan, 2019 7:08 pm

I’d go with the RSR250 if I were you, I have the aqua One minireef 150 and it’s good but a little on the basic side re plumbing and equipment etc. And yes the overflow drain is very noisy in the aquaone tanks and I had to mod mine.
Luckily I got a secondhand 150 setup because I knew I wanted to change the lighting, skimmer and pump before I even filled it, as the ones that come with the setup are basic and not that good IMO.
So for the complete price of a brand new 150 setup, I got all the new equipment and the tank for basically that price, so I saved quite a lot of money.
I do like the look of the RSR250 and I’ll be getting one later on in the year, and I’ll also be transferring my equipment over to use on it too.
So if I were you, go the 250!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwi
Bicentenary Reefer

Re: Mini reef 215 ????

Postby saltnewbie » Sun 03 Mar, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks kiwi.we ended up getting a good price on a reefer 250 and just getting all the other bits and pieces now.
saltnewbie
Lurking Reefer

• Advertisement

Return to Equipment and DIY Discussion