• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

In Wall Aquarium - What sort of cladding?

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

In Wall Aquarium - What sort of cladding?

Postby Nav » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey guys,

For any of you that have in wall aquariums, what sort of material do you clad your aquarium walls with (to create that a nice finished look and ensure water damage doesn't occur) and lightweight enough to make 'removable' to provide access to sumps, etc. I just had my in wall freshwater aquarium spring a leak and flood my room with water and damage the gyprock around the aquarium. I figured since I have to start fresh I'll go marine but really don't want to have saltwater leak through the house if a seal goes on my tank (once I get a new one built). I was thinking of using water proof materials to ensure that if a seal does break the water is directed towards a drain below my tank.

Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri 27 Nov, 2009 2:24 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

  • Advertisement

Return to Equipment and DIY Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Copyleft 2010 Marine Aquarium Societies of Australia Inc. (www.masa.asn.au)
Reefing the Australian Way is proudly brought to you by MASA Inc.