• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Tank Water Level askew

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

Tank Water Level askew

Postby RadiatingClownFish » Sun 16 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi,
I have an Ocean Free Nano Marine 96l(25g) reef aquarium. I set it up months ago with the help of an old tank I tore down and everything went well. However, the water level in the "in-back-sump" never got to the minimum water level that is displayed in the product photos and the water level in the display tank looks a little high. Looking at the tank it is on a slight slope towards the front. If I fill the sump then the display tank fills up to the point it looks like it will overflow. Does anyone have any insight into what may be happening.

:cheers: ,
Oscar

See tank here,
https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en-AU&q=ocean+free+nano+marine+5&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSmwEJSWZ2XHMit0YajwELEKjU2AQaCAgVCAEICQgKDAsQsIynCBpiCmAIAxIo-we5E_10H_1Ae1E40IvQi6E7gTrROUN60-uD6vPvI_1qD61Prc-9TauPhowPrOJa_1uKiKDMco8NsAhu0St4RveaC1avlm-H1zObH09cJNP23ZfroZH3nBK4jONyIAQMCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgRApsAnDA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYiIL2u77dAhXETLwKHagzA74Qwg4IKigA&biw=1029&bih=606#imgrc=SWZ2XHMit0b6XM:
RadiatingClownFish
Hi, I am new around here!

Re: Tank Water Level askew

Postby jayellul » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 8:28 am

Level the tank FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tank Journal:Jay's 60x45x45 reef
New Build:Jay's 800x800x500 Shallow cube

http://images.aquaticlog.com/aquarium/aquarium1449.png
"Born to bleed fighting to succeed. Built to endure what this world throws at me"
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Re: Tank Water Level askew

Postby Aydee » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 4:30 pm

Most common cause I've found for this is that people push the tank right up against the wall on carpet.
Most carpets have got a 1" wide wooden strip around near the skirting board which has the hooks/nails to hold the carpet in place. When the tank gets pushed up against the wall, it sits on this strip and lifts the back end up about 5mm or so.

Check this.

But you *will* need to drain the tank. If you try to move the tank with water in it, you will have a very bad time!

Dave
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASAOG Committee
MASAOG Member
RTAW Moderator

Return to New to the Hobby