• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

New tank - NUVO Fusion 10

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

New tank - NUVO Fusion 10

Postby simon.b » Tue 19 Feb, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

I used to keep a marine tank with limited success, I'm pretty sure my lighting was the issue.
I was hoping to start a new tank, I've got limited space so need to be smart about my choices!

I was hoping to keep a few corals, a cleaner shrimp, and hopefully 2 fish - really attracted to Picasso clowns, If it would be safe a goby too.
Comments on stocking appreciated

Here is what I was thinking of buying:

Tank: Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 10 (I have limited space)
Skimmer: Skimmate Ghost Skimmer Desktop (specifically for that tank)
Light: Aqua Illumination Prime HD LED Light Black, with the flex arm mount
Powerhead: Hydor Koralia Nano Pump/Powerhead - 240 GPH
Extra filter media: chemi pure blue, polyfilter, bio balls - would require filter media caddy for tank.

Considering the above, I have a few questions:
1. is the return pump in the aquarium strong enough? Will there be enough flow with the powerhead?
2. Is the light a good choice? I've seen mixed review but good enough that I'm leaning towards it - I like that I can program it with my phone.
3. Filter media. I kind of just grasped at straws here based on my previous tanks, would love some advice here!

I also need to get a few other essentials and would love some recommendations on what I should go with for the following:
- Salt
- live sand and rock (LFS)
- testing kits (please advise, I was looking at the API Saltwater and Reefmaster kits, but you might have a better insight)
- RO/DI water (enough to fill the tank and a full water change) LFS - or recommendation for safe water I can buy from the supermarket (LFS is hard for me to get to)
- thermometer
- heater
- glass cleaner/scraper thing

Finally - ANY recommendations for things that might not be on my list OR things that I just do not need that are on there. I've been reading up but theres lots of varying opinions out there.

Cheers!

SB
simon.b
Lurking Reefer

Return to New to the Hobby