• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Cleanups / fixes / Make RTAW great again

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cleanups / fixes / Make RTAW great again

Postby Quombat » Mon 07 Dec, 2020 1:36 pm

Out of curiosity, are there any FB or Group rules against posting links back to RTAW?
If not, maybe it could be worth posting tantalising links back over to try and raise awareness and draw people back over?
Perhaps answering people's questions with links back to where it's been discussed on RTAW might be more of a subtle approach should straight up posts with links cause some ruffled feathers..
Quombat
Curious Reefer
WA Reefer

Postby Daz the reefo » Wed 17 Mar, 2021 8:09 am

CheezotheClown wrote:Maybe. Given there's next to no traffic here now I can't imagine a new forum being much different. The biggest drawback to a new forum is the history located here including the Reefpedia.

Do you think the present index page may be a bit daunting for new members? I was about to say that the index page could possibly be cleaned up but then had a look at it again and I don't really see much benefit in changing the grouping as is. Perhaps some of the forums could be archived such as the comp forum and at least one of the business forums. Otherwise many of the, what would be classified by the post date, zombie threads really still remain relevant.

Something's gone wrong here. Seems to have been an implosion around 2015 starting a few years earlier and taking a couple of years to peter out. In my circumstance I was overloaded with life good and bad outside the hobby and with the tank crash checking in here and seeing the same bitchy arguments resulted in me staying away.

I'm also on another forum, specific to a 4x4 vehicle brand, which is chugging along as normal. I haven't noticed an exodus to FB so I don't think it is a fair argument to lay all blame that way.

For me it was the whole photobucket issues and the freedom of hosting images back then.
Reefing Rulz

Daz's Reefing Adventure 4x2x2 ATI (Now closed down)
Daz the reefo
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Quombat » Fri 16 Apr, 2021 5:13 pm

Does anyone know what would be involved in expanding the native board image gallery? It seems if using services like photo bucket was a major issue this could be a good start to bringing people back?
Quombat
Curious Reefer
WA Reefer

Postby slawman » Mon 19 Jul, 2021 7:32 am

The tank journals alone make this site a fantastic resource still. I don't understand why it has simply died. I am guessing most of the old regulars are probably still reefing, where does everyone hang out online these days?
The winner is the one who has had the most fun at the end

Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
slawman
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Previous

Return to Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions