• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

PODCast #2 - Get your suggestions in

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: General Discussion

PODCast #2 - Get your suggestions in

Postby Aydee » Thu 12 May, 2016 10:27 pm

OK. I'm ready to start thinking about next podcast. (It's not going to be this month!)
Let's get a few suggestions.
Topics? Who would you ask if you could on your suggested topic?

I'll be investing in a decent microphone for the next episode.

I might even learn how to do a little more. (Pre-record the show and edit). But let's not get ahead of ourselves here!! I'm on a mental budget and a time budget. I finish my current job tomorrow and start a brand new one after a week off. So, I'm going to be mentally taxed for a little while!

But, let's get the ball rolling.

Episode 2 is happening! What do *YOU* want it to be?

Dave
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASAOG Committee
MASAOG Member
RTAW Moderator

Re: PODCast #2 - Get your suggestions in

Postby wayne2.0 » Thu 12 May, 2016 11:47 pm

Old school chat DrDAllas?
wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
MASQ Committee
MASQ Member 2017-2018

Postby bimborocks » Fri 13 May, 2016 8:36 am

Would love to hear about the hobby from the other side of the fence - a shop owners perspective on how the hobby has progressed and where its heading/trending and challenges they face?
bimborocks
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Welcome Team
MASA Volunteer

Postby 555combo » Fri 13 May, 2016 2:59 pm

Continuing the 'breading' theme: Acro Al, Pete at Oceanarium, Acronut, Someone at Batavia Coral (sorry for those I missed, these just came to mind in the process of typing). These people, and many more, are doing what they can to reduce the hobby's dependence on wild collected.

Would also love to hear if some of Kevin Erickson's reserch would make a suitable podcast. Kevin could also speak to the hobby difference/challenges in the US vs AUS
Cheers,
Aaron.

4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
RTAW Moderator
Welcome Team
MASA Volunteer

Postby Kevin.Erickson » Fri 13 May, 2016 5:49 pm

555combo wrote: Would also love to hear if some of Kevin Erickson's reserch would make a suitable podcast. Kevin could also speak to the hobby difference/challenges in the US vs AUS

It would, thanks. I've suggested privately that I go on the 4th or 5th one as I'm in the middle of my final edits for the research at the moment. ;)

:cheers: :clap: :wall: :konk: :nut: :nut: :nut:
Kevin Erickson, PhD.
2015 MASA Dallas sp. Award winner: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=262147
President & CEO of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA), owners of the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA), & hosts of MACNA 2019 in Orlando, FL from Aug 30 - Sept 1. MACNA.org

Accepting speaking gigs on my PhD research on Marine Ornamental Biosecurity in Australia: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=250731
http://www.KevinPErickson.com
My DIY Skimmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8lE1gOIkzc
"Beneath the surface lies the future." - SeaQuest DSV
Member of MASRQ, MASQ, MASS, MASWA, MASAOG, & MASOV!
Kevin.Erickson
Bicentenary Reefer
MASRQ Member
RTAW Moderator
MASWA Member

Postby Aydee » Sat 14 May, 2016 1:36 pm

hehehe. Kevin was one of the first ones I thought of and had already messaged. But decided it wasn't my place to make any declarations or promises. :P

I do like the idea of interviewing some LFS's. Give them a moment to tell some whacky stories etc.

Dave
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
MASAOG Committee
MASAOG Member
RTAW Moderator

Postby wrenfeathers » Mon 15 Apr, 2019 10:36 am

Hey Dave

Firstly, kudos to your for kicking off a RTAW podcast!!! Great to see us Aussies getting in on the act.
Maybe before you think about the topics(s) for next podcast, you need to ask the question first: Do I want this to be long term or short term? So, if you knew that it was going to be a long term thing with at least 10, 20 + episodes you might start off with talking about how you got into the hobby + background info about who you are, or interviewing somebody well known in the community to answer the same question. Then you might go through equipment basics and starting off advice, for example. Then later on you might tackle things like breeding, hardware reviews, etc.

I know you want to see how the first few go - I would too - but still worth considering...

There are a few different podcasts from US that I listen to on my Iphone sometimes. Check them out. Just do a search for "reef" or "aquarium". You'll get some good ideas from there. Just go to the podcast app on the iPhone, or you can go through Acast (i think) on android devices. All free.

I haven't listened to your podcast yet nor read every post, so apologies if I'm repeating other suggestions.

Finally, I used to dabble in electronic music production, so if you are desperate for some music, and want something that won't attract any copyright issues, let me know.
Pete
:cheers:
wrenfeathers
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby wrenfeathers » Mon 15 Apr, 2019 10:42 am

sorry, just realised that i was replying to something three years old
my bad
Pete
:cheers:
wrenfeathers
Bicentenary Reefer