• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

The Twins Reef "Liquid Oasis"

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Tank Journals, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Postby Matt the twin » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 2:20 am

Introduction:
So finally the time has come to start up the build thread! :clap: My brother and I have always been fascinated by nature so it was only a matter of time till we got bitten by the reefing bug. I had a Fully planted Nano FW aquarium in collage that brought me back into the hobby after years, but it wasn't till my friend Julian introduced me to marine tanks that i fell in love with them. A big thanks to Julian for helping set up steve's (My Twin) 60 liter Nano aquarium that is still going strong and that will become the quarantine tank once the new tank is up and running.

System Objectives: The end result will hopefully be an open central island styled aquarium that is modern and uninterrupted by weirs, pumps, cords, ect. The main criteria of this set up is that it has to be self contained, the reasons being that we want it to be a modern feature in a room. The other and biggest reason is that the aquarium needs to be able to be moved by two people relatively easily, as we lease a house moving is a yearly thing. Therefore we went with a 3-foot aquarium. The goal for the system is that it needs to be relatively automated, being that it must be able to survive for a week to 10 days as we travel for work.

System Type: SPS/mixed reef (SPS with an anemone)

Display System:

Strike up Date: Will be wet hopefully next week or two

Display Tank: 100x52x65cm euro braced (12mm glass) with left hand Bean’s overflow

Display Lighting: 300W LED pendant from china

Stand: DIY pine support stand, clad in 12mm MDF

Hood: Made to match cladding

Sump: DIY 33x57x41cm (5mm glass) (running level at 16cm)

Refugium: N/A

Refugium Lighting: N/A

Support systems:

System Water: Artificial salt water

Display Water circulation: Vortech MP40w ES (hopefully will get another one down the line when cash allows)

Return Pump: Eheim compact 2000 (might be upgraded depending on flow requirements)

Skimmer: ATB Nano Cone Skimmer (B version) with airstar pump

Evaporation Top Up: Tunze osmolator 3155

Heating & Cooling Controller: Forttex TC-10 Digital thermostat

Heating: 2x Eheim Jager 150W heaters

Cooling: PC fans / Chiller to come down the line

Chemical Support:

Calcium Addition: Dosing pump (GHL dosing unit)

Alkilinity Addition: Dosing pump

Magnesium Addition: Dosing pump

Other Chemical Maintenance: DIY Nitrate reactor, DIY carbon reactor, DIY Phosphate reactor (all made from clear acrylic)

Current Water Chemistry:
Nitrates: N/A
Phosphates: N/A
Alkalinity: N/A
Calcium: N/A
Salinity / Specific Gravity: N/A
Magnesuim: N/A
Last edited by Matt the twin on Wed 12 Oct, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Re: The Twins Reef "Liquid Oasis"

Postby nick_s_h » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 2:42 am

Following along :)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 2870662040
Trident Aquarium Supplies. Online Supplier Located In The Sunshine Coast!
nick_s_h
RTAW Unregistered Business
RTAW Unregistered Business

Postby Macca_75 » Wed 28 Sep, 2011 9:02 am

Along for the ride. Love the sump - similar to what I had in mind. With the top of the sock area, you might want to think about stepping the top. Should the socks become clocked up it is better to have the water overflow into the skimmer chamber rather than straight into the return (at least thats what i am thinking of doing).

Watching to see how this build goes.
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Mon 03 Oct, 2011 3:09 am

nick_s_h wrote:Following along :)

Hi Nick thanks so much man, i got lots of pics to post so hope you like them

Macca_75 wrote:Along for the ride. Love the sump - similar to what I had in mind. With the top of the sock area, you might want to think about stepping the top. Should the socks become clocked up it is better to have the water overflow into the skimmer chamber rather than straight into the return (at least thats what i am thinking of doing).

Watching to see how this build goes.

Thanks Macca you make such a good point. im like aaaah :wall: because i literally built the sump the night you posted. So think im going to have to make some alterations to the sump. Thanks again for catching that weak point in the design
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Mon 03 Oct, 2011 4:21 am

I tried posting a massive post but photo bucket seems to not be working right i keep on have to resize my photos again and again bec they keep on going back to there original size can anyone help?
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Macca_75 » Mon 03 Oct, 2011 10:11 am

You might want to also make the shelf for the socks removable so you can clean (syphon, scrub, ect) it out in time to come. Don't think for a minute it won't get dirty over the years :-)
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:05 pm

Macca_75 wrote:You might want to also make the shelf for the socks removable so you can clean (syphon, scrub, ect) it out in time to come. Don't think for a minute it won't get dirty over the years :-)

Haha you right Macca i think i will have to see if i can modify my sump when i get some time! thanks for ideas :thumbsup:
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Wed 12 Oct, 2011 8:38 pm

Okay so now to get into this thread, i have been setting up the tank over the last 2 weeks and got rock and water in it about 4 days ago. Sorry for the long break between posts i needed to resize a lot of photos and photo bucket wasn't working for me. But now its full steam ahead with the thread. I thought I would start with just saying what my goal is when building this set up. I am a newly graduated student and I do not have a full time job so money was an issue, (as I’m sure it is with most reefers) therefore I have been slowly collecting the parts for the set up over the last year. (protein skimmer + Swabbie, lights, ATO, dosing pumps, Vortech, ect.) And yes im sure there are cheaper options I could have gone with, but I wanted to try use the best where I could for reliability and functionality.

With this said we also did a lot of DIY wherever possible to keep costs down. So to start it off I will be showing our process in building the reaction chambers + nitrate reactors. (I got to say they came out really great!) As I said before cash was a big factor so we where penny pinching where ever possible, so we used what ever tools we had lying around. Okay where the photos you’re asking ,well here they are! (all 62 of them haha)
Finished reactor (Just to keep you interested)
We started off by marking out all the flat sections on the acrylic (8mm thick) You can see market out are the bases, lids and the section that go under the lids.
My bro using a jig saw to cut around.
You can see the line drawn around all the circles that he is following
The reason for cutting it small is that we can now use the band saw to cut around the circles. (why you ask, well the band saw has a neater cut and more accurate)
Over to the band saw having a vacuum cleaner sucking up the dust is a must (the dust goes everywhere)
Cutting around the discs, tried to get close as it means less sanding at a later stage!
filter disks cut out.
Then sanded around the bases, the trick we found is that you hardly push it against the sander when you get close to the line, as well as you got to continuously turn it. If it stops for a second you get a flat spot.
Here you can see the cut one at the bottom and the sanded one above it.
Well after we did the filter disks we realized we could just stick all the bases together with double-sided tape and repeat the process we did before. After the rough sanding we took a very light sand block (with some elbow grease) and smoothed all the edges.
We got the acrylic to a point where it was just misty with no sanding lines.
Well they’re still round
Getting them apart was not the easiest, required brute force and some swearing haha :furious: But now I have 3 identical bases for the reactors. :)
Well after all that its time to start the top of the reactors
We started with the bottom flange of the top by drilling a pilot hole into the center part for a jig saw to go in and cut away as much of the unnecessary acrylic as possible. A warning to anyone drilling acrylic make sure you clamp it down, as acrylic has a tendency to bite when you’re drilling.
Another thing we found out was always make sure your drilling into something solid as it stops the drill bit biting the acrylic and cracking chunks out as it goes through it into the wood, also drill slowly as it heats up pretty fast which also causes it to bite.
Ready for Jig saw
Well after sawing and then using a very rough file to remove large areas of unnecessary acrylic away comes some serious sanding. Using a cardboard tube with a sanding block on it, we sanded the inside circle smooth. (the trick is to sand clockwise to anti clockwise motion and not in and out as it will deform the circle and will not be exactly round)
A big help is to test fit the filter disk (will show how to finish the filter disk later in the post)
Almost there a bit tight though, more sanding :konk:
After some sanding fits perfectly, slides through with ease!
Like a glove!
Okay so now that the inside section of the flanges are done its time for the out side.
The lids also have also not been sanded
We did the same process as before with double-sided tape by sticking the flanges to the lids for sanding. This allowed the lid and the flange to match up perfectly.
A tip for putting them together is don’t push them together until your sure they match up perfectly. Because your using the out side circle of the flange to sand up to.
Then sand them to the line, (remember to keep turning while you sand)
You don’t need to get to the line in one revolution of turning the top, we found just working it slowly you got a much smoother finish.
After the rough sanding some images
Then after rough sanding we used a soft sanding block to get the acrylic to the smooth cloudy stage. Then the complicated part haha we had to add the holes for tapping, still keeping the two together we drew a line through the center, from there we new that a hole needed to be at every 45 degrees but how far along the line would the hole need to be put. So using trigonometry we worked out the spacing.

Here you can see the holes drilled, we knew what size nylon screws we had to us, so then using the right tap it tells what size hole you need to drill. Now a very important part! Before you pull the two pieces apart make a mark on both down a side while they are together. As once you pull them apart it’s hard to line the holes up. So by having a mark you now which holes line up with which. Now its time to pull them apart.
Now with the lid we wanted to drill the holes bigger so that the screws fit through easily with no friction. Then for the flange! We used a tapping bit to cut groves for the screw to go into.
We made a jig to keep the tap perfectly straight while tapping (just welded two pieces of acrylic together)
Holding the jig tightly in our hand we taped the holes, because of acrylics tendency to bite we had to tap carefully. We found that a quarter turn in then a quarter turn out, then a bit more in and a bit out, and so on till we where through, worked well.
A hole tapped.
Here is a flange completed.
It was then time to add the last things to the lid, the holes for the plumbing needed to be added. (In take and return plumbing) I found that using a spade bit to drill didn’t bite the acrylic and could be drilled pretty fast. We just drilled through the dead center and just off center.
All holes drilled!
Some final sanding for adjustments to get the plumbing to fit right. Now the lids are finished (well the fabricating part of it haha)
Now its time to finish the filter disks. Using trigonometry we worked out where the holes needed to be spaced and made up a jig out of wood. Here you can see them marked out and starting to be drilled.
We used double sided tape to stick it onto the acrylic, then sanded up to the wood to get a perfect circle. Here you can see the start of the drilling (these disks are for the nitrate reactor)
Here is a finished disk, it’s a bit dusty but you get the idea. A test to see if you got the placement right is to hold it in the dead center and spin it, if all the holes form perfect rings from the center going out, you got it right.
With the reactor filter disks the last stage is a bit different, you don’t drill the center holes.
Remove the wood jig
Drill the center out using a spade drill bit.
Here are the finished ones ready for final sanding.
We then needed to cut the acrylic tube. Using a hack saw we slowly cut through the tube.
Cut ready for sanding
Here it is sanded and ready for gluing.
We then just glued all the pieces onto the tube and glued the plumbing onto the lid. We where able to make 3 reactors and one nitrate reactor out of the tube we brought. I will post some pics of the nitrate reactor finished soon, for those that want to see it.
We found the reaction chambers to large for our requirements so we ended up only using one that we cut in half to make two. Here it is, it needs another filter disk in it and its dusty as hell but you get the idea. Was really happy with how they came out.
The time it took to make all these reactors was a weekend of work to get them all ready for polishing.

Thanks for reading

Matt
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby PaulG » Wed 12 Oct, 2011 9:33 pm

Matt the twin wrote:well here they are! (all 62 of them haha)

I feel so ripped off after looking at hose 60 pics..... you ripped me off 2 pics! :konk: :roflmao:
Last edited by PaulG on Thu 13 Oct, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulG
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby spwa » Wed 12 Oct, 2011 10:47 pm

Awesome great job very pro looking. So how long did each one take and how much did material cost?
I am not addictive person I just get mildly obsessed with things.
Simon's 5ft Shallow 380lt
Simon's 3ft Mixed System CLOSED
Simon's 40cm Cube CLOSED
There's always a plan for a new project, but don't tell my wife.(Opps she Knows now)
spwa
Veteran Reefer
NSW Reefer

Postby Macca_75 » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 8:12 am

Dude, one of the most impressive DIY jobs I have seen for some time. :bow: :clap:

You could sell those units here on the classifieds "made to order" with a finsih like that and help fund some of your hobby costs. :poke:

One Q. though. Why do the outsides of the bases and tops need to be round? Wouldn't making them square be easier?
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby old_mr2 » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:24 am

You guys rock! DIY masters! Tank should be Bonza...
old_mr2
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 5:55 pm

PaulG wrote: I feel so ripped off after looking at hose 60 pics..... you ripped me off 2 pics! :konk: :roflmao:

Haha sorry about that Paul was in a bit of a rush, I will post some extra pics now of the finished reactors. Thanks so much for looking

spwa wrote:Awesome great job very pro looking. So how long did each one take and how much did material cost?

Thanks Spwa was really happy with how they came out, Well building more then one at a time makes it a lot quicker I built all 4 reactors in one weekend. That is they where all glued and ready for polishing later that week when I had some time. All up it cost just over $300 for all the materials I build 4 media reactors and 1 nitrate reactor,(modified one of the larger reactors at a later stage) that’s also including the plumbing. I still have quite a bit of acrylic left over so I could cut the other 2 large media reactors in half and make then into 4 smaller ones. It was really fun making them and I can recommend anyone to do it if they want to save some cash.

Thanks for reading Spawa

Macca_75 wrote:Dude, one of the most impressive DIY jobs I have seen for some time. :bow: :clap:

You could sell those units here on the classifieds "made to order" with a finsih like that and help fund some of your hobby costs. :poke:

One Q. though. Why do the outsides of the bases and tops need to be round? Wouldn't making them square be easier?

Thanks so much again “Macca_75” I was so happy with the finished results, I was thinking I might sell the two larger spar media reactors or cut them down into 4 smaller ones and sell them if people want them. I had the same idea as you when it came to designing the chambers, we could have made them any shape and square would have had a smaller foot print in our limited cabinet space and probably would have been better in hind sight. We also thought about hexagonal bases and tops in the beginning but decided on going round just for personal taste. Keep posted “Macca” I got lots of pics coming soon! The tank is wet and everything is coming together so fast! its looking great.

old_mr2 wrote:You guys rock! DIY masters! Tank should be Bonza...

Haha thanks so much “old_mr2” was really happy with how they turned out, keep posted there will be some more DIY coming up. Thanks for reading

Regards

Matt
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 6:05 pm

Okay so i know i only posted 60 photos and not 62 haha so here are some more photos to keep you happy :cheers: thought I would show some pictures of the reactors water tested (for leaks), polished and water gasket in place. (just some thin rubber I got from Clark Rubber)
Just letting you know i still need to trim the screws down and they also and screwed in all the way if anyone was wondering
Below you can see the feeds for the 3 reactors. Cant wait to show you all the cabinet! (just want to get you up to date with what I’ve done) It all came out so well, no cords hanging around just neat and easy access to everything.
So that is the reactors finished and ready for use.
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 6:38 pm

Here was our basic design of the support frame, we modified it a bit by adding more down beams.
So started with building the support frame of the cabinet. Just standard 2 by 4 pine beams. Here is the wood all cut and ready for assembly. You can see the plumbing connected to the weir.
Screwing and gluing the first part of the frame together.
Didn’t want to go into to much detail about building the stand, as there are lots of building threads explaining how to do it. Plus I was in a rush so didn’t take to many pictures. So here is the support frame done, just had to see the tank on the stand haha.
Here are some quick shots of the plumbing just put it together to work out spacing for the stand. The emergency over flow I ended up cutting off the tip of the pipe to lower it a bit.
Okay so Guess what finally arrived! And I mean finally. I had ordered the skimmer over 3 months before it finally arrived, I had read on the form that a few people had to wait about 2 months for their skimmers, so after 2 and a half months I was getting worried. But ATB were really great they posted another one as they think the first one must have been lost in the mail, but the second one they sent came about two, three weeks later.
Here you can see the size comparison with the water bottle next to the skimmer
Just an update I had some time to slap a bit of an undercoat on the frame to seal it before cladding. Here is skimmer next to stand.
Okay so as you can see a lot has changed, I cut and polished a black piece of acrylic for the left side to cover weir. The light rack fits exactly onto the tank resting on the tank walls and not the euro bracing. I wanted the light to be as high as possible for light spread and just ease of working in the tank. As it’s a 300W LED pendant it should be more the bright enough for this tanks depth. The light does not attach with the hanging clips, instead I used two pieces of wood held in place with stainless wing nuts and bolts. Its meant the light could be kept high with out having to raise the light rack even high to allow for hanging room. As well as it allows me to easily change my lighting set up when I want to upgrade with out any modifications to the cabinet. You can also see the returns into the tank on top right hand side. (Was working out placement)
I was busy trying to work out spacing for the reaction chambers, protein skimmer as well as the electrical cabinet.
You can see the lay out of the reaction chambers (nitrate reactor in the middle, carbon and phosphate absorber in the out side two chambers)
Here is the filter sock holder I made from acrylic(way easier then trying to drill glass)
More test fitting and problem solving(roughly showing where the filter socks will go)
I was also able to wire up the TC-10 thermostat, was pretty straightforward. Hardest part was forking out the money to buy all the fittings and wire. All the small things add up to a lot hahaha (got most of it from Bunnings, except for the electrical box the thermostat goes in had to go to a special electrical shop)
Okay I couldn’t help myself I had to get a idea of what the tank will look like with lights on.(not good pics, the LEDs messed up my colour balance)
Below you can see where the returns will go (good old tap holding them in place)
This is hopefully what they will look like once installed.
All blue leds so you can see the illuminating effect it has (color balance was off)
so this was the state the tank sat in for a month or so, as i was trying to save some cash to buy the necessary parts, and also find out quotes for the cladding and getting it sprayed in 2 pac. But in the end we decided to do it all our self just to keep costs down will post more pics later if i get a chance or first thing tomorrow haha.
Thanks again for reading

regards
matt
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby marineclass » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 1:27 pm

looking good. Nice neat setup you have going there
250L Classroom Project
Inspiring new Young Reefers
marineclass
Centurion Reefer

Postby siddr20 » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 2:51 pm

Incredible :) keen to see the progress on this :) keep it up.
siddr20
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby parrdog » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:32 pm

Outstanding craftmanship, just outstanding!!

Cheers,
Jamie.
parrdog
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby LookingForNemo » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 3:43 pm

Great DIY workmanship!!! I think you should sell those spare reactors cos I would love to buy one =D
LookingForNemo
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby bradw6860 » Fri 14 Oct, 2011 5:02 pm

Boi you got SKILLZ!!!!
bradw6860
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby Dan » Sat 15 Oct, 2011 3:13 pm

WOW! This is going to be some build! not only the skills but attention to detail and neatness to boot :bow: Looking forward to tagging along for the ride. Nice skimmer to BTW, I also had a few issue with mine getting here but Anton was awesome to deal with in the end :)
Dan
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 5:46 pm

marineclass wrote:looking good. Nice neat setup you have going there

Thanks so Much “marineclass” its my goal to keep the setup neat and easy to get to things. Thanks for commenting :cheers:

siddr20 wrote:Incredible :) keen to see the progress on this :) keep it up.

Shot “siddr20” will try to keep it up! Keep reading because got a lot of pics I will be posting soon. Thanks for reading

parrdog wrote:Outstanding craftmanship, just outstanding!!

Cheers,
Jamie.

Thanks so much “parrdog” that means a lot, was really happy with the level that everything came out to. Keep posted will show in detail everything I have done soon.

LookingForNemo wrote:Great DIY workmanship!!! I think you should sell those spare reactors cos I would love to buy one =D

Thanks so much “LookingForNemo” was so pleased with the results, well we have been thinking about it but just waiting to get the tank up and going before encase we suddenly find a need for one as a protein skimmer drainer or something. But otherwise yeah you can happily buy one if we don’t need them, but will keep you posted.

bradw6860 wrote:Boi you got SKILLZ!!!!

Haha thanks so much “bradw6860” glad you liking the thread

Dan wrote:WOW! This is going to be some build! not only the skills but attention to detail and neatness to boot :bow: Looking forward to tagging along for the ride. Nice skimmer to BTW, I also had a few issue with mine getting here but Anton was awesome to deal with in the end :)

Thanks so Much Dan im really happy with how the build is coming along, I got to say your build thread is one of my favorites, i came across it a couple of months ago and really love your tank. Those new clown fish you have are so great, they seem to glow orange, but sorry to hear they are sick, I hope they pull through! Good luck Dan and thanks again for following :thumbsup:

Regards
Matt
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby Matt the twin » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 6:07 pm

So when I got home this was waiting for me!!!
Came with this really nice zip poach.
Pretty well packaged.
Inside was a page explaining how to set up the Swabbie and telling how often to clean it.
A really nice detail is the personal thank you from Justin at Avast.
Under all the paper there it is, the SWABBIE :pirate:
Really securely packaged
Here is everything in the box, some tools and extra grease to protect the motor shaft.
Looking good on top of the Skimmer!
Okay so got a few days off work to get the cladding done! Decided that it will just be cheaper to do it our self. As all the cabinetmakers I spoke to couldn’t spray it in 2 Pac so they would only do the cladding, then I would have to take it to a body shop to have it painted. They also all opted to do it in a laminate but that wouldn’t have given the finish I was going for. So was easier to just do it and save a lot of $$$$. :clap:

So here is the almost finished cladding, was just filling all the holes and sanding them smooth. (all made from 12mm MDF)
There are the doors just roughly placed.
Here is the electrical door, This will be the only hinged door in the set up except for the light hood. A nice brushed steel vent cover for the heat from the electrics. (Got it from Buddings for around $5)
You can see the back panel that will just clip in for easy access to the plumbing and the sump for cleaning.
The light hood looks really tall in the photos but in real life looks much nicer, As this was one of the biggest issues I had with the design. I made many cardboard cut outs to see what looked natural and in proportion with the rest of the cabinet and the tank. I do not like light hoods that look like they where just stuck on top, I want this to be a feature in a room and it has to look good it whatever room it gets put into. The viewing height of the tank is 57cm and the light hood it 45cm tall
The light hood open, the light support frame fits perfectly in between so it works great!
Another shot of it from the viewing sides

Well after sanding and refilling the holes a couple of times we used fine sponge rollers to apply an undercoat of “Berger premium triple prep Acrylic “(white) onto the cladding (inside and out). Then afterward we applied the first coat of Enamel “Berger Door and Trim Enamel semi gloss” (white) After letting that dry we wet sanded the whole thing and applied a second coat. This gave us a great smooth finish with no bumps or orange peeling happening. We ended up putting the stand on a trailer to bring it from my parents house down in Margz up to Perth on one of the windiest days ever! We lost all the protective covers for the cabinet and the straps rubbed all the paint off on the edges!!! :furious: :konk: So will have to wet sand again and give one last coat when I get some time. But the tank can start cycling and getting finished before I do that so it’s no worries.

While the cabinet was drying for a week we go onto building the sump. The Glass was pretty expensive for sheets with none beveled edges, but we needed to make the sump exactly the right size to fit everything in. We started with the basic tank shape then silicone the baffles in, and lastly the filter sock holder.
Here is the sump viewing from the back side.
Make shift spacers for first bubble trap.
Viewing it from the front side
Here is the sump from the top. We used the wood as spacers and the tape to make sure everything was square and straight.

Just letting you know the next post will be the tank almost completely finished! Just for some final pieces and finishing’s that needs to be completed. It’s got water in and cycling!
Here are two pics to keep you interested :wavey: I still need to find some brushed steel tape to but on the bottom skirting of the cabinet!

Thanks for following everyone
Regards

Matt
Matt the twin
Curious Reefer

Postby TasReefer » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 6:46 pm

wow really love the way you have set out all the wires and stuff :thumbsup: looks great
TasReefer
Curious Reefer

Postby Doomant » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 7:28 pm

wow, very neat.
Anthony.

My RSM130 (Closed Down)

My Money Pitt

[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
Doomant
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Macca_75 » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 7:53 pm

What can I say - once of then best DIY efforts I have seen. Many a seasoned reefer would be happy with what you've done.
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby ScottZ » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 8:20 pm

Cracking effort! Thanks for posting all the pics, very interesting. Well done.
ScottZ
Bicentenary Reefer

Postby Sin » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 8:27 pm

Macca_75 wrote:What can I say - once of then best DIY efforts I have seen. Many a seasoned reefer would be happy with what you've done.

:withyou: 100% best DIY build ive seen. Thanks for taking the time to post all the progress shots. :thumbsup:

:cheers: Sin
Sin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
RTAW Moderator

Postby galleri3090 » Thu 20 Oct, 2011 11:46 pm

Outstanding skills, Matt. :clap:

Really looking forward to following along, with the planning and execution displayed so far I've no doubt the end result will be crazy good.

Top job.

Michael
galleri3090
RTAW Veteran Reefer

Postby marineclass » Fri 21 Oct, 2011 8:40 am

Great read mate - tank is looking great. Underneath looks so tid and well laid out - that electrical centre is so easy but what a great idea! Looking forward to seeing some life fill this beauty
250L Classroom Project
Inspiring new Young Reefers
marineclass
Centurion Reefer

Next

Return to Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)