• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

Frank's new project 120x90x55 sps with ATS and Chaeto reacto

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Frank's new project 120x90x55 sps with ATS and Chaeto reacto

Postby frk27 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 7:20 pm

Introduction:
After nearly quitting the hobby due to work load, I decided to start a new set up easier to take care off.
I sold my old zeovit tank, bleach all my live rock(got aptaisia) and acid wash them.I start to aquascape keeping only the nicest and most porous rock after couple of month I am pretty happy with the outcome so I start to cycle them in bunning tubes while waiting for the tank.

System Objectives: I want to create a colorful, well aquascape reef tank easy to maintain

System Type: Reef tank mostly sps and lps

Display System:

Strike up Date: TBA, asap

Display Tank: 120x90x50 rimless with corner internal overflow made by Dennisson

Display Lighting: 2X GHL mitras LV 6100, I am using AI rail mounting to hang them

Stand: Powder coated steel stand, kitchen cabinetry cladding with magnet. Will do an electric board away from the sump to plug all equipment and hide the chiller

Hood: No Hood

Sump:Raceway style sump 75x75x45, filter socks compartment, refugium, skimmer compartment and return

Refugium: refugium to grow macro algae and space for Turbo Algae scrubber,marine pure block and I will be running a Chaeto reactor as well

Refugium Lighting: LED

Support systems:

System Water: Natural salt water

Display Water circulation: 2X Tunze 6105 and 1 maxspect gyre x150 everything control by apex Neptune controller

Return Pump: Laguna Max-Flow 9000l/h

Skimmer: BK SM 250

Evaporation Top Up:Autoaqua smart ATO will change down the track to tunze, I really don't trust this smart ato

Chemical Support:

Calcium Addition: 2 part randy dosing

Alkilinity Addition: 2 part randy dosing

Other Chemical Maintenance:Magnesium

Current Water Chemistry:
Nitrates:
Phosphates:
Alkalinity:
Calcium:
Salinity / Specific Gravity:
Magnesuim:

:banana:
Last edited by frk27 on Sat 13 Aug, 2016 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
frk27
Centurion Reefer

Re: Frank's new project 120x90x55 sps with ATS and Chaeto re

Postby NewyReefer » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 7:51 am

Looking forward to watching this as im also in the planning stages of a 4x3 :thumbsup:
NewyReefer
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Postby afhtan » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 1:05 pm

Out of interest what things were taking too much time? Was it maintaining the supps for ZEO?

I am setting up a 6footer and am worried it will just consume all my free time so am doing as much planning as possible to reduce the maintenance effort.
afhtan
Veteran Reefer

Postby frk27 » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 8:10 pm

I couldn't keep up with the dosing and all the maintenance involve in the zeovit system.( I am a very busy chef who doesn't see the day light very often and have also 2 young children)
Zeovit is very very good if you can spend the time dosing and changing the stone plus all the regular maintenance but if you skip a day or two you can quickly have a crash.I had a very good system until the day my zeovit reactor pump died and I didn't realise until a week after and he took me some time to replace it so after that the tank went down hill.
I took it as a learning curve but now I want to try something more natural and simple.
See how it goes.
frk27
Centurion Reefer

Postby afhtan » Tue 12 Apr, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks I am avoiding zeo on my tank too as it looked like too much work.

I'm sure this tank will be awesome as well.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
afhtan
Veteran Reefer

Postby NewyReefer » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 7:53 am

Zeo isn't that bad when you get in a routine i was getting up in the morning making a coffee pump stones and ad some drops then same before bed once you get in the routine its just apart of your day.
You just need to keep a bit of a extra eye on the tank for changes thats all, and every 6 to 8 weeks when you're doing your regular maintenance just replace the stones aswell.
NewyReefer
Old Sea Dog Reefer

Return to Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)