• Advertisement
RTAW Advertiser

New Member Introduction (attempt 2)

New to the RTAW Forums? Please take a minute to check in here, say hi & introduce yourself to your fellow Reefers. Feel free to provide as much or as little info about yourself as you'd like!

Moderator: Moderators

New Member Introduction (attempt 2)

Postby McKay » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 10:44 pm

The account has been set up for the entire family, predominately to allow us (and in particular our three children) to journal the establishment and development of our 5 x 2 x 2 marine tank. This all started around Easter last 2019 when the 'good lady of the house' decided to buy a small (40L) tank from a friend of hers. This then got given to myself (dad) to setup in the lounge room (despite my continued protests of 'no pets in the house'). This became a fresh water tropical tank which has been through the usual ups and downs but it currently houses 10 fish (4 neon tetras, 4 Pristella Tetras, one algae eater and one other). The our eldest son (Master-12) decided he wanted a couple of 'fighting fish' for his bedroom for his birthday - one Betta trio later and three more fish in the house. Then our daughter (Miss-8) decided she wanted 'fighting fish' in her bedroom. So, one Betta Duo later and two more fish in the house. Then the 'good lady' decide she wanted a 'larger tank' which ended up with us purchasing a 5 x 2 x 2 2nd hand and I deciding that if we were going to do this, we might as well go the 'whole hog' and 'reef it'. The plan is to get the kids (we also have Master-3 who has decided that the 10 fish in the 40L tank are now 'his fish') to contribute to the tank journal (the plan is to call the tank journal "McKay Marine Madness") and learn a whole lot along the way.
McKay
Hi, I am new around here!

Re: New Member Introduction (attempt 2)

Postby Leah » Sun 12 Jan, 2020 10:54 am

Hi welcome to reefing. Best advice I can give you is for you to research, research and more research and to take it slow as trying to do stuff in a hurry in marine can be quite costly. this forum isn't used as much as it used to be mainly because most people went to facebook hopefully more people will start using it again. I pop in here from time to time :nut: good luck with your tank - just take it slow
Leah
Bicentenary Reefer

Return to Member Introductions