From RTAW Reefpedia
(Redirected from weir)
Jump to: navigation, search
Weir and dursopipe.jpg
Example of a weir to be used for an overflow.

This page that you have visted here is a stub of the RTAW Reefpedia. That means that this page has been generated, but it is yet to contain the relevant information required. So it requires some work on content within it before it is completed.

If you would like to volunteer to help out, please see Help:Contents.


A weir is a barrier, typically a panel of glass, that holds back a body of water. The water can then flow over the top of the barrier, with a constant water level then being maintained behind / above the weir.

They are most commonly used in marine aquariums to construct an overflow for the display tank (allowing surface skimming and constant water level) or to be used within a sump to separate components / equipment (particularly to provide an area which changes water level with evaporation for evaporation top off).